On December 9th, 2021, reports surfaced about a new zero-day vulnerability, termed Log4j (Log4Shell), impacting Minecraft servers. Now, almost one week later, it is clear that countless millions of devices are at risk, and Log4j may rank among...Read More
Ransomware attacks are soaring. By the end of this year, the global costs incurred by ransomware will be more than $20 billion annually – 57 times what they were in 2015 . For individual organizations feeling the sharp end of this exponential...Read More
The cryptocurrency market is now worth more than $2.5 trillion. Unfortunately, this fact is not lost on threat actors. As well as using cryptocurrency themselves to extract ransoms, cybercriminals are now also tailoring malware to exploit the...Read More
Microsoft Defender Antivirus (MDAV), known as Windows Defender Antivirus before the Windows 10 May 2020 update, is an anti-malware component of Microsoft Windows. MDAV continually scans for malware, viruses, and advanced security threats.Read More
- The Go language is becoming increasingly popular among threat actors, with attacks starting to appear in 2019
- Morphisec Labs has tracked a new Golang-based (1.17) ransomware variant that appeared starting in late September and continued...
- Morphisec Labs tracked a new MirrorBlast campaign targeting financial services organizations
- MirrorBlast is delivered via a phishing email that contains malicious links which download a weaponized Excel document
- MirrorBlast has low detections...